Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I also get the attention required from my deskjet 3752. This is on a fresh install of windows 10. I can print  while being connected with an usb but over wifi I get the error. It would appear as nothing is wrong at all. I have found no issues anywhere to lead me to any solutions. I have done a reset to the printer, updated software and firmware, did a complete wipe of all software and drivers and re installed. Nothing worked. I also tried the hp printer scanner doctor which came up with nothing. The last time around I had all drivers and software removed and hooked up the usb cable. I added the printer by updating the printer list from windows. This took about 10 minutes to update but it did and I installed the printer. For some reason it worked.....that was yesterday. Today my printer once again says attention required. I have given up and I'm back to using the usb cable for now. I have friends in software that said everything I did seems correct and could offer no further assistance. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Hp or Windows but I have an older laptop running windows 10 and i do not have this issue. I am on a secured home wifi network with very good equipment and this has been my first speed bump in any hardware/software installation. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @frankr2994 ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Root Level – printer driver reinstallation:

  

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 

8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Once done, Follow this link and install full feature driver software.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I’ve provided was helpful,  

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,  

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Yes I actually went through exactly that. My first wipe off all software and drivers I ran the full feature driver package. It didn't work so I tried deleting everything again and just used your basic driver package. Again that didn't work. This has never worked on this laptop as I just bought it. It's a fresh install of windows 10 Enterprise. I currently have the printer connect by adding it using the IP address of the printer. This works however I noticed the printer will go to sleep and appear offline. If I ping the IP address though command prompt it will wake up in a couple of minutes and my document will print.
HP Recommended

Hi @frankr2994 ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If that's the case, Follow this link, and update the firmware and give it a try. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The above solution did not work, but what solution worked and continues to work is here

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/Attention-required-windows-10-laserjet-1606...

Check to see what port was assigned to the printer.

From Devices and Printers, right click your printer and left click Printer Properties.

Click on the Ports tab.

If the printer is selected on the WSD port, try and create a new port by clicking on the Add Port button. You might have one in the list for TCP/IP for your printer name, if you do just select it and Apply the Settings.

We have one more setting to check from the Ports tab, uncheck SNMP Status Enabled.

Then Click OK and Apply.

Try printing again from the Laptop.

Hopefully this helps others avoid this frusterating issue with windows 10

HP Recommended

please go to task manager select service, go to print spooler, right-click and restart it.

HP Recommended

Thank you BJ26. Restarting the print spooler worked perectly. Glad I didn't fall for the uninstall and reinstall everything jive. This is a brand new printer for goodness sake. HPOJ 3830.

HP Recommended

You have to download the "Software-ePrint". So copy this link " https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/8954253/m... " it will lead you to page to download the software and then you should not have any more problems with your wireless printing.

HP Recommended

while i realize this post is over a year old, this solution helped me. thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.