Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I Have the issue with my HP OfficeJet 5745 when it try to print from my new HP laptop however i can print fine on the same printer from my old lenovo laptop  and my iPhone.  i tried the steps suggested however it didnt help.

It is strange that an HP product has problem i with other HP product whereas other brands are able to connect.

any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@VIP1231

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that your HP OfficeJet 5745 e-All-in-One Printer does not print from your new HP laptop. The printer works fine from another brand laptop and an iPad. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 

The evidence points towards a drivers issue. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

Now, you may attempt to print. in case the problem persists then let us uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this link: www.123.hp.com

Once the drivers are successfully installed, you may attempt to print. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi,

I should have mentioned that I had tried these steps as well before posting the questions. I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor and the other steps that you suggested. I came across these suggestions from another post on this forum. the HP Print Scan doctor was reporting printer as offline. 

After trying all of that today I decided to change the cartridge before throwing the printer away :). it did the magic. Printer works fine. What confuses me still that how come other devices are able to print and the Doctor utility is not able to tell me the issue but just reporting printer as offline. 

Anyways I am able to print now 🙂

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi There,

I should have mentioned that I had tried these steps as well before posting the questions. I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor and the other steps that you suggested. I came across these suggestions from another post on this forum. the HP Print Scan doctor was reporting printer as offline. 

After trying all of that today I decided to change the cartridge before throwing the printer away :). it did the magic. Printer works fine. What confuses me still that how come other devices are able to print and the Doctor utility is not able to tell me the issue but just reporting printer as offline. 

Anyways I am able to print now.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@VIP1231

I'm glad to know that the issue is resolved. I truly appreciate your efforts and your patience.

I hope your printer remains healthy for a long time and serves you well.

Happy printing! 🙂

HP Recommended

I ran the HP Print and scan Doctor 5.2.1 and it said that I don't have full software solution installed on my laptop.  then ask me to click the Get Installer Button, but the click comes up site can not be reached.  Anyway, I went to HP support page and download the ljp2035-gdi-pnp-win64-en.exe file and installed to my laptop.  That does not fix the problem either.  I have window 10.  What can I do?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.