Lfturner1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer aligning to top left corner

HP Deskjet 2620
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I bought my printer a couple of months ago and the past few times I have tried to print, the print out is aligning to the top left hand corner.

I've printed a test alignment page and scanned it

I've tried printing through Pages, Word and PDF but nothing works.

I have checked the margins on each processor but to no avail.

I have attached an example of how every print comes out. I'm at a complete loss.

I need to print lots for my wedding on Saturday so I am in desperate need of help!

Thank you in advancePhoto on 10-09-2018 at 15.14.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,466
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lfturner1

Thanks for reaching out to us on the HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist you.

I understand that your HP DeskJet 2620 All-in-One Printer is aligning to the top left hand corner while printing. 

To assist you better please reply with the following information:

• Does this happen while making a photocopy and while scanning also?
  • What paper type/size are you using? Have you tried to print on a different paper?

Please refer to the "Printing specifications" from this HP document.

You may update the firmware on the printer by connecting it to a Windows computer (If available). The firmware update can be downloaded via this HP link.

NOTE: The printer needs to be restarted once the firmware is successfully updated. 

Also, update the Mac OS on your computer. 

After the firmware is updated, you may disconnect the printer from the Windows computer and continue to use it with the Mac computer.

In case the issue persists while scanning and copying also, then I suggest you to perform a semi full reset on the printer. The steps for a semi full reset have been sent via a private message

I sincerely hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers! 

If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

0 Kudos
besweat
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I have an HP Deskjet 2620 all-in-one printer and the link to update the firmware in the above message is broken.  Is there another?

Brian

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,503 18,411 1,057 1,157
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@besweat

Welcome to HP support community.

Refer this HP document for the steps to update the firmware:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation