Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer always states that it is not connected, offline whereas for scanning, no connection problems

macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My Printer is an OfficeJet 4620.  Every time I try to print a document, it states "not connected or off line" whereas using the the All in One to scan is no problem, and I can print a Test Page, but once I try to print a document, cannot.  I submitted this problem yesterday, have received emails stating that I have responses, but every time I click onto review the response, and log in, I get the message "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."  How do I receive "privileges" so that I can review the responses sent to me?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,993 7,980 593 619
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer always states that it is not connected, offline whereas for scanning, no connection problems

@bmichna, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Going through your post I see that you have issues printing from your Mac Computer. This could be an issue with the drivers installed or the printer configuration, let us try the steps below to isolate and resolve the issue-

ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation