Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6600
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Dear Hp Support, 

I'm using my printer for at least 7 years. I've been quite happy with your product. It has always been fine.

Please note I'm using Hp and none Hp card-bridge.

A week ago I started having trouble connecting to the printer. After numerous tries I decided to reinstall my hard drive using the Hp interface and pilotes. The connection was restored successfully. However I can only print the test page and nothing else. 

I am getting this message: 

Non-HP ink cartridge(s) installed. Black. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP supplies. Printer service or repairs required as a result of using a non-HP supply will not be covered under warranty. HP recommends that you do not remove an ink cartridge until replacement is ready to install.

Nothing happens. Clicking OK , trying to relaunch the printing, my printer remains silence and stuck.

I need some help here. I guess it would be [edit]for Hp to force his customer to buy only their product? Am I right? Not being able to print without all ink on board is already a pain sometimes, I do hope you didn't change your policy on none Hp Card-bridge in the meantime. 

Therefor what would be the solution to have my documents printed anew? 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JSEBOBERON, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you're looking to disable notifications for your HP Officejet 6600 All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist you with this.

To change the Message Center settings go to: Finder->Applications-> Hewlett Packard-> Open the HP Utility-> Go to All Settings-> Select Message Center->Select Settings.

Open the HP Utility ->Select HP Officejet 6600 All-in-One Printer.

Select All Settings->Select Message Center.

-See image

undefined

Select Settings (in the upper-right corner).

-See Image

undefined

Choose your preference: 

If you don't wish to get Notifications at all uncheck the box beside-> Show extended alerts for: 

If you only wish to receive alerts for errors but not for warnings, choose Errors Only-> Select Apply or Cancel.

-See image 

undefined

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I need to add that I can print easily using my phone... 

Thanks again for your help

HP Recommended

@JSEBOBERON, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you're looking to disable notifications for your HP Officejet 6600 All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist you with this.

To change the Message Center settings go to: Finder->Applications-> Hewlett Packard-> Open the HP Utility-> Go to All Settings-> Select Message Center->Select Settings.

Open the HP Utility ->Select HP Officejet 6600 All-in-One Printer.

Select All Settings->Select Message Center.

-See image

undefined

Select Settings (in the upper-right corner).

-See Image

undefined

Choose your preference: 

If you don't wish to get Notifications at all uncheck the box beside-> Show extended alerts for: 

If you only wish to receive alerts for errors but not for warnings, choose Errors Only-> Select Apply or Cancel.

-See image 

undefined

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.