Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My printer was working fine 2 days ago but when i tried it yesterday it wouldnt work. i tried installing it again but it says "Your printer could not be found onn your network" even though it says it is connected when i printed a report. i have a HP photosmart d110 series printer and a windows 7 64 bit laptop. I dont really remember if i installed or changed anything to my system. Need help please 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, you should simply type the address... it means the printer is not reachable for any reason.

Please let me know what are the exact IP, Subnet and Default Gateway listed by the report.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please clarify what is the IP Address listed by the network configuration report.

Try typing the IP into the browser - can you access the printer EWS page?

Additionally, please clarify which antivirus and firewall programs you have insttaled on your PC.

HP Recommended

do i just enter it like this xxx.xxx.xx.xxx because it says it cant connect on google chrome and im using AVG Aas my antivirus and firewall

HP Recommended

Yes, you should simply type the address... it means the printer is not reachable for any reason.

Please let me know what are the exact IP, Subnet and Default Gateway listed by the report.

HP Recommended

the IP is 192.168.33.129

subnet mask? 255.255.255.0

default gateway: 192.168.33.1

HP Recommended
Can you print a config page from the printer? Make sure it has the correct IP information. Then make sure you can ping the address.

thanks for all the help ... i just bought a usb cable so i dont have to go through all these problems:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

I got the same message while reinstalling my printer software, but it was a false alarm. What would cause me to get a "printer not found" message even thought the printer is connected to my wireless network and working fine, as confirmed by the Wireless Network Test Report, the HP Solutions Center, and reality?! Stupid message prompted me to spend all kinds of time fixing a nonexistent problem. Really effing annoying. Btw, installing HP software in 2017 is like installing software 25 years ago. Unbelievably slow. And despite the fact I downloaded the software, the silly software shows a CD/DVD playing. 

HP Recommended

HP 3830 is connected to wireless network but can't be found by laptop connected to same network.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.