Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP photosmart 5524 CX047B

I just got my printer out of storage and plugged it in. I have new ink cartridges to install. However the carriage with the cartridges in will not budge on start up or when I lift the lid to change the ink. I have followed all YouTube guidance, there is no paper trapped anywhere. You can hear the printer trying to start the carriage moving but it's totally stuck. I will include a photo. Thank you in advance. 

20200518_163103.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Since you have tried all the steps and this issue is not fixed, lets just try the below mentioned steps before we declare the printer need to be serviced and you have to contact HP Support for further assistance.

1. While the printer is ON, open the cartridge access door.
  2. Unplug the power cord from back of the printer.
  3. Now, look into the left side of the printer. You would see a gear ( dial shaped ), you may have to rotate it for several times until you see the carriage being released.

If issue persists, its time to  get the printer replaced ( which is free if the printer is in Warranty ).

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.