1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer connection

HP Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am receiving a network error message when I try to print from my computer. I have a new router set up and have checked that the connections are correct. I have reinstalled the printer program, rechecked the connectivity on the printer and run diagnostics for Windows 10 and HP scan doctor which all say everything is good or fixed. I am not a technical person and am a senior at my wits end. Can someone assist a nontechnical person? The printer worked fine before the new router. I can print from my ipad without issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,386 18,294 1,048 1,151
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer connection

@Playnrnd

Welcome to HP support community.

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Restore Network Defaults and connect the printer again to the router

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. If your wireless network does not display in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, and then type the name of your wireless network.

NOTE: 

Type the exact network name, including any uppercase and lowercase letters.

7. Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

You can refer this HP support document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation