Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5032
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer Envy 5032 was printing in the morning but in afternoon does not print only blank pages

It will not print internal reports I e Print quality Report Printer Report etc only blanks  I am using Genuine HP cartridges supplied via instant ink  I have remove and re-installed driver Gone through a hard reset etc  The problem is not one of communication between computer and device

This is the second time this has happen -the current printer is a replacement for the original which had the same problem

The printer was bought at PC world/Currys

Is this a common problem with this model

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JOHNK7, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This is not a common issue with this model printers. 

Try making a standalone copy in color and black and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

If you are not able to print internal reports from the printer, the issue could be with the ink cartridges. To identify the defective ink cartridge, try making a copy as mentioned in the previous step or print a print quality report

1. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

2. Touch Tools.

3. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Clean the ink cartridges

1. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

2. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges.

3. If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Yes when prompted to perform the next level of cleaning.

4. NOTE: If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform both levels of cleaning again.

Also, perform step 13 mentioned in this document. 

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your Help  It appears problem was low Black Cartridge but not empty   Tried in Single Cartridge mode -Color only and it worked - a point to watch out for  

JohnK

HP Recommended

@JOHNK7

Thank you for the response. Kindly replace the black ink cartridge for better print quality which will resolve this issue. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.