01-02-2018 12:12 PM
I have an HP Envy 4502 (mid 2014) printer attached to an iMac running OSX 10.13.2 with HP print driver version 3.6.1.
When printing to 8.5" by 11" paper using standard printer settings, text that should be printed within .5 inches of the top or bottom of the page does not print. This issue occurs with PDF documents, with web pages and with documentes created using Apple's document applications. The Device Information page from thr printer utilities application apparently does not have this issue. The line drawings print at top and bottom of page.
I have tried the Reset Printers solution suggested by past postings with no effect. Rescaling the document to 90% or selecting Scale to Fit sometimes helps.
01-03-2018 01:54 PM
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues printing from margins. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.
Let's try these steps here:
• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
• Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
• Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
• Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
• Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
• Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
• Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.
• Click the “Add button” (+).
• Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.
• Click “Print Using...” or “Use”, and then select Secure AirPrint or AirPrint. Alternatively, you may select the name of your printer if available in that list.
If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would suggest the next step would be contact our HP phone support. So that they can remotely take control of your PC and help you check the settings.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
I am an HP Employee
01-03-2018 03:55 PM
I attempted the 'reset print system' procedure, with OSx restart after print system reset and before re-adding the printer. This did not solve the issue. I attempted the procedure twice. The first time I selected AirPrint for the use option. The second time I selected the 4500 e-All-in-One driver downloaded from HP support.
Next I called HP support. The technition indicated that he would be unable to assist if the issue was not a physical printer problem. Since I have verified that the printer is capable of printing in the upper and lower .5 in of the page -- see first post-- I decided to not pay the support fee and cancelled the call.
01-03-2018 06:33 PM
I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).
Response times may vary by region.
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
I am an HP Employee