11-19-2019 12:52 PM
The printer is shown to be online, connected on my PC but when I send a document to print it may or may not get to the printer. I have tried restarting the printer, the computer, reinstalling the printer software, troubleshooting. Sometimes just going through any series of those steps will wake up the printer and get the job done, but heaven forbid I have to print more than one document. I thought maybe it was my computer because the printer shows it is online, but when I try to print from my phone it also doesn't work most of the time. Help?
11-22-2019 03:08 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
To better assist you -
1) Are you using a dual band router? What's the make and model of the router?
2) How far away is the router from the printer?
While you respond to that, try rebooting the devices -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Also, try updating the router's firmware and to update the printer's firmware, download and install the update for Win 7 (64-bit) from this link.
Try assigning a Static IP. Refer to this video link for instructions - ASSIGNING YOUR HP PRINTER A STATIC IP ADDRESS
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-02-2019 06:42 AM
It is not a dual band router, here is the model: