05-06-2020 05:10 PM
my printer was turned on, and powered up fine. When i went to print something it passed 2 blank sheets so I powered it off and when i went to boot it up again this problem occurred.
I looked up and performed all the troubleshooting steps i could find.
The power on light just blinks steady and it makes a clicking/rattling noise.
There is no paper jam/no debris.
I unplugged (let sit over a minute) )and tried restarting several times to no avail.
The service tray moves up and down.
The carriage moves just fine with no noise.
The rollers move fine...i rolled them backwards and forwards as suggested in the troubleshooting instructions.
Opening the rear door and top i could not see or feel anything wrong.
I don't understand how this could happen simply by turning on and off.
05-14-2020 07:49 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you
Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.
Let's try a power reset on the printer
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!