02-08-2020 06:18 AM
Since the update of my laptop to Windows 10, my printer has stopped printing in colour.
I have an old laptop operating Windows 7, and it prints just fine. The updated ones are a step back in time.
I have uninstalled and re-installed drivers and nothing seems to work.
The option to print colour has disappeared from the printing preferences box and nothing online helps.
I've read countless people complaining about the same issue on HP forums and no solution has been presented for it.
HP now charge for Phone assistance.
Has anyone managed to sort this problem?
02-10-2020 07:58 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you are not able to print in color from your Win 10 PC. I'd be happy to assist you. This seems like a compatibility issue between the printer driver and the latest Win 10 update. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing in color.
If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee