08-23-2019 10:57 AM
I keep getting an error code 0x6100004a for my printer. I have done plenty of research and followed all the instructions I have found to resolve this issue. Unfortunately nothing has helped. I still can't move the ink carriage, it is stuck. I have checked to make sure that there isn't a paper jam repeatedly and nothing has changed. Please tell me what is wrong to get this fixed.
08-26-2019 08:51 AM
@jtrudd03, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue with the printer where the print carriage is jammed. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-12-2019 04:19 PM