12-02-2019 08:34 AM
I recently bought a HP Envy 5010 printer. It has been printing ok but keeps stopping for apparently no reason. Documents to print have "error" message and printer refuses to print. My previous HP printer did exactly the same which is why I replaced it for a more modern one. Today it was printing ok when it suddenly stopped. The touchscreen is unresponsive and the on/off switch doesn't work. I now have the following message showing on my screen; ERROR CODE OXOO829C98 HWLWATCHDOG C. Can anyone explain what is going on and how to fix it please? It's driving me mad!
12-04-2019 05:34 AM
Managed to get my printer working, of a sort. Nearly every time I try to print a document I get pop-up saying "unable to connect to printer" despite my printer display showing wireless signal is very good. When I close the pop-up there is a short delay before it actually prints something. My previous printer, a HP 4522, did exactly the same before I decided to replace it. When I check the "see what's printing" box, it also says print deleted, instead of printing. Absolutely useless when I've got a list of items to print, and having to manually check each one! Is there a fix for this problem?
12-04-2019 01:02 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
12-04-2019 03:11 PM
I tried the link as you suggested but it will not let me install the support package on my machine. The printer was taking 2-3 minutes to print a single page tonight, when it wasn't deleting the printing all by itself while "spooling", whatever that is. That is not acceptable on a machine that's barely a month old! This 5010 is doing exactly the same thing that my 4522 did, before I replaced it due to it completely dying on me.
12-05-2019 08:32 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
First, try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if the hardware of the printer is working fine.
Now, check the connectivity between the printer and the PC
On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network > Restore network settings > yes
Go back to Network > Wireless > wireless setup wizard > choose your wireless network.
- Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC also should be on the 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Once both the devices are connected, we will check the printer driver on the PC
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee