Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all!

With help from support I recently updated firmware because of a printer error  - B8932D94 - that caused constant rebooting.  The problem went away for two days but is now happening again!   

The steps taken to resolve this previously don't seem to make a difference this time - the printer will boot and the error seems clear...but then reappears in about15 seconds.   This occurs no matter what brand of ink cartridges are installed...HP or generic.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hey !

This error message occurs mainly due to two reasons :

1, Carriage jam with the printer where the carriage (holder where we Install the cartridges) is stuck on the right hand side and doesnt move.

2.Wireless connectivity of the printer .
For second option,you can try to disconnect the printer from the wireless network and after it restart the printer.Check after it .

If it is the carriage jam then revert back ,I will mention the solution for it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hey !

This error message occurs mainly due to two reasons :

1, Carriage jam with the printer where the carriage (holder where we Install the cartridges) is stuck on the right hand side and doesnt move.

2.Wireless connectivity of the printer .
For second option,you can try to disconnect the printer from the wireless network and after it restart the printer.Check after it .

If it is the carriage jam then revert back ,I will mention the solution for it.
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank you very much!

The inkjet cartridge carrier was not the issue, so I disabled the wireless adapter as you suggested and everything seems to be working again!  I plan to keep the printer hardwired to the network for now.  

Is there a fix for the wireless issue?

Thanks again!

HP Recommended
Thanms for your reply !

Well,in this case you can make your phone as a hotspot and connect the printer to it.If all goes well then it will be clear that the router channel settings needs to changed to make it compatible with the printer .

Regards,
Andy
HP Recommended

Thanks, Andy!  I'll give the phone hotspot a try and see what happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.