Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8615 Pro

Hi 

Our perfectly working 3 year old HP 8615 Pro printer suddenly stopped working and all print jobs come up with an error message and just sit on the queue now. We have reset the printer and reconnected it to the Network but still get the same message. Even the test print just sits on there but we are able to print the Network Configuration Page. We are on windows !0

Has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it. I'm reluctant to go purchase yet another printer but need it desperately for work and school work (two A level students)

Many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, 

May i know if the error you mentioned is displayed on the PC or the front panel of the Printer ?

If error is displayed on PC, then download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Jabzi.

Thanks for your reply. The message is displayed on the PC only. I have run the diagnostic tool but it came back with no problems found. 

This evening, I have used a printer cable to attach the PC to the printer and that works well - printer kicks in immediately. 

thanks

Still perplexed

Joy

HP Recommended

Hello @Odels  , 

That sounds good, Happy Printing. 😊

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.