Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good Day all,

I have this issue with my HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer. I have computer with 64bit architecture Windows 7 - SP1 operating system. Whenever I attempt to print anything (documnet, picture, or from webrowser) from a specific domain user profile e.g (domain\husamali_84) the printer fail to process the job - with no error message (Print job sent to Printer Queue, then disappear immediately from queue).

When I tried to print a Test Page, the Printer returns an Error Message "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance?". The nest step I did was downloaded and utroubleshooting my printer with HP Printer troubleshooting tool "HP Print and Scan Doctor", the printer passed the test and print the Test Page. 

However; when I attemp to print from another domain user profile (i.e. localhost\Administrator, or domain\MySecondAccount); printer process the print jobs without any problems.

Please note: 

- Printer Driver had been reinstalled without any error or interruption

- All services are running

I appreciate your support for my case

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A such occuor due to a curropted user profile, with no sufficient permissions to access the temp folder to process the print job.

Try following these steps and check for any difference:

1. From File Explorer or from your desktop right click 'This PC' and Press Properties.
  2. Press Advanced System Settings.
  3. Click Envoirnment Variables.
  4. locate the Temp folder path and browse to it (e.g. browser to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local if this is the temp folder location or to Driver C if it is located there as an example)
  5. Right click the Temp folder and press Properties.
  6. Open the Security tab.
  7. Press Edit.
  8. Press Add.
  9. Add your username and press Check Names, then press OK.
  10. Check the box next to Allow - Full Control and press OK.
  11. Confirm any prompt to allow the change, you will probably see many prompts for the different files...
  12. Once any prompt confirmed press OK to apply the changeas and try printing a test page.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

A such occuor due to a curropted user profile, with no sufficient permissions to access the temp folder to process the print job.

1. From File Explorer or from your desktop right click 'This PC' and Press Properties.
  4. locate the Temp folder path and browse to it (e.g. browser to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local if this is the temp folder location or to Driver C if it is located there as an example)
  7. Press Edit.
  8. Press Add.
  11. Confirm any prompt to allow the change, you will probably see many prompts for the different files...
  12. Once any prompt confirmed press OK to apply the changeas and try printing a test page.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

7. Press Edit.
  8. Press Add.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Hello ShlomiL,

Thank you for your assitance.  And as you stated in your reply, there were no record for the user account under the security tab of User's Temp directory. By adding the user account to user's Temp security with Full Control privileges solved my problem.

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.