Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juliachesterman
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer feed tray main tray keeps jamming how to use the other tray to print.

HP OFFICEJET 3835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My main feeder seems to be jammed and paper won't go through even though I've checked for paper jams and cleaned inside.

Is there a way to use the other feed tray? It doesn't seem to be there in  the print settings to change the default feed it only shows the option to print from the main tray.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 423 523
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer feed tray main tray keeps jamming how to use the other tray to print.

Hi @juliachesterman

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Is the paper tray jammed? Look for any obstructions or damaged/broken plastic parts.

To know how to load papers into the printer, refer to this document. This printer has 2 trays, once is the Main tray and the other is the photo tray. You cannot use the photo tray to print on US letter-size sheets.

To clear any jams inside the printer, perform the steps provided in this document. If there are no jams and the paper is not being picked, refer to the steps mentioned in this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation