Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830-e
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP Officejet Pro 6830-e-All-in-One series

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @aemurj

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the sleep mode issue. 

Power usage is reduced while in Sleep mode. The printer goes into low-power mode after 5 minutes of inactivity. To change the period of inactivity before the printer goes to sleep:

1. From the printer control panel display, touch .
2. Touch Sleep Mode, and then either set it to off or to max.

Also, check for Schedule On and Off.

Update the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Try assigning a manual IP. Refer to this video link for step by step instructions. 

Disable IPV6 - From the printer's control panel, touch Setup > Network Setup > Wireless Setting > Advanced Settings > IPv6 > Off. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you turn the power off then on the unit will wake up, that would be normal function. Then as indicated in other post it should go to sleep after X number of minutes. There is no way to set the unit to instantly be in sleep mode. Is there something you are trying to achieve that I am not understanding?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Sorry, perhaps I did not explain better what is actually happening. I have been using my printer normally for the last four years but suddenly in the last week when I start trying to use the printer the next morning after having left it switched on and online overnight, it comes up with a message when I try to print a document saying: "Printer is Offline" It had never done this before over the last four years and the only way I can get it to print is to switch the printer off and then switch it back on again and it will print the document which is in the print queue. I have followed the advice in my HP Handbook under "Solving Wireless Problems" which advises: turn off the router, the printer, and the computer, and then turn them back on in this order: router first, then printer, and then computer, but the same fault still exists and the only way I can print is to first switch the printer off and back on again. Its rather frustrating as the printer has always worked normally over the last four years so I don't understand why this printing problem has suddenly occurred. Any assistance would be highly appreciated. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.