Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 6835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I haven't had this printer for too long....perhaps 2 years. The printer head has stopped working. I just spent $70 on brand new cartridges, hoping the problem would solve. Also bought a head cleaning kit. The problem still persists even after using the kit and new cartridges. Can the printer be repaired? Any ideas where? I am in San Jose, CA. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CPSA  You've mentioned Deskjet, although I can't find any such model, are you referring to HP Officejet Pro 6835 e-All-in-One Printer? If yes, here's what I suggest you do:

Step 1: Reset the printer

Resetting the printer might clear the error message.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

5. Turn the printer on.

If the error message persists, we maybe looking at a hardware malfunction considering you've done everything else!

And we don't have an option to repair it as such, you may need to replace the printer, although, let me know if the device is still within any (extended) warranty.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I meant HP Officejet Pro 6835 e-All-in-One Printer? I did unplug the power cord and then plugged it back to the printer. It did clear the message about printerhead from the printer screen but it still won't print. When I give the print command, I now get the message in the HP printer assistant on my computer that the printerhead needs attention. I also read in some other posts on this website that HP has been aware of the printerhead problems in this model?  If that's the case, then the regular warranty shouldn't apply. Infact as a good customer service practice, HP should proactively rech out to registered owners of this model and inform them of the problem and provide options such as repairs or replacement

HP Recommended

@CPSA

Kindly perform step 2 mentioned in this document. 

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.