Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP office jet 8600 in Wisconsin and an HP office jet 8610 in Arizona. We spend 6 months in each location and when we get to the next location the print cartridges and print head are dried out and don’t work properly, do you have any suggestions on how to prevent this problem?

Does the print head for the 8600 also fit the 8610? Could I take the print head and cartridges from one state to the other?  Any advice would be appreciated Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JB011

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you using HP Genuine ink cartridges? 

Try cleaning the printhead: To clean the printhead from the control panel 1. Load Letter, A4, or Legal unused plain white paper into the main input tray. 2. Touch (right arrow), and then select Setup. 3. Touch Tools, and then select Clean Printhead.

The printhead of 8610 would fit 8600. There should be no problem in moving the printhead and the ink cartridges from one state to another.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JB011

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you using HP Genuine ink cartridges? 

Try cleaning the printhead: To clean the printhead from the control panel 1. Load Letter, A4, or Legal unused plain white paper into the main input tray. 2. Touch (right arrow), and then select Setup. 3. Touch Tools, and then select Clean Printhead.

The printhead of 8610 would fit 8600. There should be no problem in moving the printhead and the ink cartridges from one state to another.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply I have cleaned the print head at least 6 times and pink still is still fuzzzzzzy but it has improved. Its good to know the print head will fit in the 8600 & the 8610, If I ever get it fixed I will use the same print head in both states. Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.