12-02-2019 05:21 PM
I need to reinstall my printer, no problem. The next day, after a reboot, my printer image in Devices & Printer changed from an image to Device, I have attached a picture. My other printers still have the correct image. How do I change the image. West Printer is the problem
12-05-2019 04:00 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the driver issue.
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-06-2019 03:43 PM
There must be a printer profile hidden some place. I followed your directions, no problem, till step three. When I get to number nine, Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom., It says driver is in use on "West Printer". I have attached pictures. Thank you!
12-07-2019 03:21 AM
Appreciate you trying those steps. Let's try restarting the printer spooler -
1. Turn off the printer using the power button.
2. Search Windows for run, and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.
3. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.
The Services menu opens.
4. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
5. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
6. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Turn on your printer and try removing the driver.
Let me know.
I am an HP Employee
12-07-2019 02:42 PM
Here is what I have done today.
- I went through all the steps again from yesterday and from today, no problem. Rechecked all the places I was to remove HP Printer, all were clean.
- When I tried reinstall the printer and connected the USB cable in the Devices and Printers “Device” appears and no HP 8600 Printer image appears.
- I clicked on Device image to get the properties and found another 8600 drivers,
- I could not to get into those 8600 drivers. I have attached a picture.
12-08-2019 10:02 PM
Please try creating a new user account and check -
1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.
I am an HP Employee