01-30-2020 09:12 PM
At First the printer was offline so I did some troubleshooting but none of the procedures worked. After several tries when I wanted to print my document the printer showed "ready" but when I clicked on Print it shows that the printer was in error state. How do i fix this?
02-03-2020 02:12 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
Firstly, download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: Click here
Next Root-level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers:
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP DeskJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go running window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
To reinstall click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04675142
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee