Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
PageWide Pro 452DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a Pagewide Pro 452DW printer and when it boots the display goes to MFG Mode and we have to press the power button once to get past this message and then the unit appears to work correctly.  How can I get this printer to go into User Mode or Normal mode everything seems to work fine on this printer apart from this annoyance.

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Splatnet

I would suggest to do factory reset. 

Please note that restoring the printer to  actory default will remove all the products and network setting that you set on the printer.

Here's the steps to reset the printer to factory defaut, you can find the instruction in the online User Guide 

Reset.png

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Factory-reset-PageWide-Pro-452dw/m-p/6026443/highlight...

Let me know if this can help you ease the trouble.

Thanks

I am an HP employee.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Faire un reset
  • Pour obtenir "Commandes Mfg".
  • Cliquer sur OK: "Entrez la combinaison de touches spéciales" s'affiche,
  • Entrer "123"
  • Trouver avec la flèche droite le menu "Rapports spéciaux". Cliquer OK
  • Trouver avec la flèche droite le menu "Cartouches d'impression". Cliquer OK
HP Recommended

HPm404dn comes up in MFG Mode and following the steps to remove power, reset back to defaults will not correct the problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.