• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer in error mode

HP Recommended
HP 2540 printer

When trying to connect my printer to wifi I am prompted fro a security code. Where do I find a security code?

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,630 28,583 2,357 3,574
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@papak

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you are being prompted to enter a security code to access the WiFi on your printer,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Could you elaborate or provide more details about the error mode or message?

While you respond to that, here's a few details on setting up a wireless connection you HP Printer:

Also, since you haven't mentioned if it's either Mac or Windows that's being used with the printer, I've mentioned HP Articles for both:

(MAC OS)

Step 1: Prepare for the installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the required items, and then check the printer and computer connections.

1. Gather the following items:

• Network name (SSID)

• Network password (might be called the WEP key or WPA passphrase)

• Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL

• USB cable: The installer prompts you to connect a USB cable to transfer wireless settings to the printer

2. Make sure the router and computer are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect the printer to. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.

3. Disconnect any USB cable from the printer, if previously connected.

Step 2: Download and install the driver

The print driver from the HP website includes a guided installer to set up the printer on your wireless network. When prompted, temporarily connect the USB cable to the printer and computer to transfer network settings to the printer.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(For windows^ )

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation