Hi - I have multiple issues with this printer, but the ink cartridge missing message is the show-stopper.
What I've done:
- Replaced ink cartridge two days ago and got this message. I assumed it was a bad cartridge so I removed it and inserted a second ink cartridge and it worked perfectly. I returned the first cartridge to Office Depot for credit and all was well.
- Today, I'm getting that missing ink cartridge message again, without having changed anything. So, the second, working ink cartridge from two days ago is now throwing that error.
- I did remove the cartridge and clean the connections as recommended by the HP site.
- I tried to update the firmware on the printer by downloading the driver from the HP site but the driver app install cannot find my printer. My computer can see my printer and it is through the Mac-native printer utility that I'm able to see the missing ink cartridge message.
- I long ago lost the ability to contact to this printer via bluetooth. I read about it then and there was something about Mac OS incompatibility. So I just connect with a usb cable.
This feels like I need to update software or firmware but I'm at a loss for what to do. The additional piece of the puzzle is that this is indeed a new Mac. I recently got a new iMac, I'd been using a MacBook Pro. (I spilled a glass of wine on the laptop and fried it but it was 8 years old so time to upgrade anyway.)
The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue
To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:
remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing
then remove the color ink and, insert the black in and try printing