Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (194 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer installation password

Product Name: HP Envy 4502
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

I'm trying to install the Envy 4502 on a Mac and am being asked for a password by the installation program. I thought it might be Mac-related but Apple tell me it's the printer installation password that is required. 

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Printer installation password

Hi @NancyGal

Welcome to the HP Forums, I would be happy to help you install your printer. I understand you have the Envy 4502 and when trying to install you are being prompted for a password. The install password is always your Mac password. Macs prompt you for a password any time you install something. If you do not have a Mac password you can leave it blank and click OK. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue and if you require additional assistance I can help you further. If this does indeed resolve the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below to flag your post as solved. 

Thanks. 

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (168 Views)

Hi @NancyGal

Welcome to the HP Forums, I would be happy to help you install your printer. I understand you have the Envy 4502 and when trying to install you are being prompted for a password. The install password is always your Mac password. Macs prompt you for a password any time you install something. If you do not have a Mac password you can leave it blank and click OK. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue and if you require additional assistance I can help you further. If this does indeed resolve the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below to flag your post as solved. 

Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (159 Views)

Thanks. I had called Apple and they assured me it was not a Mac passowrd but an HP password that was needed. I couldn't get past this password request. However I just installed the printer all over again and it worked fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation