Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5052
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Set up was complete first day, printed fine, today get a message that says Printer is not connected. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@thatreggaewoman

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I got to know from your post that you are not able to print from your Mac and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

The wireless light on the printer, is it steady or is it blinking?

Is the printer and mac connected to your home WiFi?

What's the make and model of your WiFi router?

Approximately how far is the printer located from the WiFi router?

Could you also perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results. Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by touching the wireless icon on the printer display.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Problem solved by Mac people. Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

@thatreggaewoman

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same here: Printer worked fine the first day after set-up, not printing today, telling me "printer not connected", but wireless blue dot sign is constant (not blinking). What to do?

HP Recommended

I also did a PING test and it says my MAC cannot find host (Network) which is weird because I use my internet with that Network Address all the time (double checked my Network Address for use of internet in the top bar). I am clueless why printer and MAC disconnected overnight after they had successfully been connected yesterday.

HP Recommended

Hi @fuchsc

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the connectivity issue. 

To better assist you - 

1) May I have the exact model name of the printer? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

2) Are you using a dual band router? Or, a Wi-Fi extender? 

3) Are the Mac and your printer connected to the same network?

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.