12-11-2019 08:21 AM
Printer doesn't print just comes up with a flashing light and if I hold the button in it prints test page but trying to print a document nothing hapoens
12-13-2019 09:03 AM - edited 12-13-2019 09:03 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Which light is flashing on the printer?
How is the printer connected to the PC?
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue on the PC
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee