Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8720

I am in need of an email for HP customer support; I have examples I would like to attach showing my issues. The first is every time we make a copy the copy comes out extremely large and off the paper. You have to cancel the job go to settings; go to paper settings select what is already selected and try again. This is every time; it waste ink and cost us for paper count. Also it sometimes will double print over itself. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rigdon Welcome to HP Community!

we don't have an option to send an email as such, however, let me help you with the details and steps needed to resolve the issue with the copier and we'll resolve one issue at a time:

Step 1: Reload the paper

Remove and reload the paper being used for the copy job. Make sure to slide in the paper width guides until they gently rest against the edges of the stack.

NOTE: 

If a message displays on the printer to confirm the paper type and size, touch OK if the size is correct, or touch Change or Modify to change it.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Change paper and copy size settings

Adjust the paper and copy settings from the printer control panel menu to enlarge or reduce the size of copies.

NOTE: 

For printers without a control panel menu, most models use default normal copy settings that cannot be changed. As a workaround, scan the original into the computer, and then use the editing tools in the HP scanning software to resolve any size issues. You can then print multiple copies of the edited scan file.

1. Touch Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the printer control panel.

2. Touch Settings or the gear icon  to access and change the following settings.

• Resize or Size: Change the size of the copy. Options can include a list of presets, custom sizes between 25 and 400 percent of the original size, Fit to Page, and an Actual Size setting to make a borderless copy.

• Paper Size: Select the plain or photo paper size for your copies, or select Automatic to let the printer detect the paper loaded in the tray.

• Paper Type: Select the type of plain or photo paper for your copies.

• Tray Selection: Select the paper input tray with the paper being used for your copies.

3. Select Save Current Settings or Set as New Defaults to retain the settings for future copy jobs.

4. Depending on the printer, touch Start, or return to the main Copy screen by touching Back, and then touch Start Black, Start Color, or OK to start the copy job.

As for, the loss of ink and paper count, if you are referring to the HP Instant Ink subscription, here's what you need to do: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rigdon Welcome to HP Community!

we don't have an option to send an email as such, however, let me help you with the details and steps needed to resolve the issue with the copier and we'll resolve one issue at a time:

Step 1: Reload the paper

Remove and reload the paper being used for the copy job. Make sure to slide in the paper width guides until they gently rest against the edges of the stack.

NOTE: 

If a message displays on the printer to confirm the paper type and size, touch OK if the size is correct, or touch Change or Modify to change it.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Change paper and copy size settings

Adjust the paper and copy settings from the printer control panel menu to enlarge or reduce the size of copies.

NOTE: 

For printers without a control panel menu, most models use default normal copy settings that cannot be changed. As a workaround, scan the original into the computer, and then use the editing tools in the HP scanning software to resolve any size issues. You can then print multiple copies of the edited scan file.

1. Touch Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the printer control panel.

2. Touch Settings or the gear icon  to access and change the following settings.

• Resize or Size: Change the size of the copy. Options can include a list of presets, custom sizes between 25 and 400 percent of the original size, Fit to Page, and an Actual Size setting to make a borderless copy.

• Paper Size: Select the plain or photo paper size for your copies, or select Automatic to let the printer detect the paper loaded in the tray.

• Paper Type: Select the type of plain or photo paper for your copies.

• Tray Selection: Select the paper input tray with the paper being used for your copies.

3. Select Save Current Settings or Set as New Defaults to retain the settings for future copy jobs.

4. Depending on the printer, touch Start, or return to the main Copy screen by touching Back, and then touch Start Black, Start Color, or OK to start the copy job.

As for, the loss of ink and paper count, if you are referring to the HP Instant Ink subscription, here's what you need to do: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much; that worked.

HP Recommended

@Rigdon You do have a point, I have placed an order to help you with your concern,

And I've sent out a private message with all the details you need.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.