Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time i turn my printer on, it starts printing the Printer Alignment Page in full color. 
It says:

IMPORTANT!
Printer Alignment Page:
You must scan this page for best print quality.

STEP 1:  Lift the lid. Place this alignment page face down on the right front corner of glass. close the lid.

STEP 2: Press either the black or color copy button to scan alignment page for best print quality.

I've done this. Tried every corner of the glass. Tried the black and the color button. Multiple times. 

All it does is print ANOTHER Printer Alignment Page.. 

So now I have to turn my printer off every time I printed something, because if I dont, there are 5 Printer Alignment Pages waiting for me when I return home..

And I don't even think there is anything wrong with the alignment at the moment.. Looks fine to me.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Alignment failed it could be several reasons why it failed. Can you scan or take a photo of alignment page and post here, maybe one colour is missing and printer can't align because of missing colour?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Shouldn't it work for the black version then? 

And it doesn't scan at all.. Doesn't even start the scanning, but draws paper immediately.. 

HP Recommended

IMG_20200112_172004.jpg

HP Recommended

When printer prints alignment page ( one with the colours) you place that page as illustrated on the bottom left. You see there are 3 squares on top and 2 squares on the bottom of alignment page, also on the illustration on the bottom left are small but the visible how alignment sheet must be placed on the scanner the top side with 3 squares goes on the left side of the printer. When you place an alignment sheet press colour scan (copy) button ( not b&w button) and wait for a printer to start aligning.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.