06-19-2017 06:13 PM
My HP Envy 5530 makes "grinding" noises when beginning to print. Anyone else have this problem?
06-20-2017 03:36 PM
A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you.
I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer and understand that the printer makes grinding noises when beginning to print. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did any hardware changes take place with the printer (paper jam, carriage jam, cartridge replacement, etc.)?
- Is the printer able to make a copy and print fine otherwise?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the grinding noise continues to appear then please perform a firmware update via this link.
Post a successful firmware update if the printer continues to make the noise then perform a reset on the printer. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers!
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!