HP Support Agent
17559 1149 1853
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer making grinding noise !

@ozric,

Welcome to HP Forums,

I understand that you are facing grinding noise issues while printing using the HP printer. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

What is the correct product number of the printer? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Does the printer make a noise while making a copy from the printer?

Have you tried to update the printer firmware? if available.

This could be caused by the erratic carriage movement caused due to paper feed issues. To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.

Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

If the copy also fails to feed the paper while making a loud noise, then I’d suggest you clean the paper pick rollers and the paper path to try and fix the issue.

Could you please respond to this post with the details of the printer so that I can provide you with an accurate steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation