01-20-2020 01:07 PM
In response to a control panel message that one of the color cartridges in our Officejet Pro 8600 was out of ink, we replaced all color and black cartridges. We still get a control panel message that "one or more cartridges are missing or damaged," and printer will not run.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-22-2020 03:36 PM
I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns
Please perform the following steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.and clean the electrical contacts with a lint free cloth
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
Also ensure the printer has the latest Firmware. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Keep me posted
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
01-31-2020 01:22 PM
I followed the steps you suggested and they worked like a charm. After wiping the cartridge electric contact points, we reinserted all four (three color, one B&W) cartridges and followed the restart protocols. Everything worked. Thanks.