Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer no longer recognizes my wireless network

OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My OfficeJet 3830 no longer recognizes my wireless network.

Was working fine, then one day no longer sees the wireless network.

I've tried resetting to factory defaults - still does not see network.  

I've tried manually entering in the network name/password with the Wizard - still does not work.

All my other devices still connect without issue. 

I've tried shutting down all the other devices in case I've reached a limit - the printer still does not recognize my network.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,592 9,585 611 742
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @pdxlor

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Does the printer detect any other wireless networks while searching?

Let us print a wireless test report to check if the wireless card in the printer is working fine.

1. From the printer control panel, touch (Wireless).

2. Touch Settings, and then touch Print Reports

3. Touch Wireless Test Report.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding.  

Yes, it does detect other wireless networks

When I printed the Wireless Test Report, it has a "pass" for Wireless On and Wireless Working.  I do not see a Wireless Radio section.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,592 9,585 611 742
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pdxlor

If the printer is able to detect other networks, it means the printer hardware is working fine.

• Make sure the printer and the computer are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the computer should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  • Check if MAC filtering is enabled on your wireless router that is blocking the printer.
  • Try changing the wireless channel on the router to either 1,6, or 11 and try connecting the printer.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation