02-02-2018 08:05 AM
I ordered HP 803 combo pack a few days before, and I received them yesterday. After replacing the new catridges an error message saying "INK CATRIDGE FAILURE" (black) was obtained. How can I obtain a defect free catridge.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-03-2018 05:20 PM
Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. I reviewed the post regarding assistance with ink cartridge errors. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did you check if it accepts the old cartridge?
- Did it occur after a recent power outage or surge?
For now, try these steps:
- Replace the old cartridge and check if it is accepted by the printer.
- If it is accepted, then the new cartridge is faulty and needs to be replaced by calling HP support.
- If you don’t have the old cartridge with you, then perform all the prescribed steps from this link: http://hp.care/2DX6NmV (HP DeskJet 2130, 2529 Printers - Ink Cartridge Errors) and check if the issue gets fixed.
If it continues, then contact HP phone support to get the cartridge replaced. This should work as long as there is no hardware issue with the printer. Otherwise, the printer needs to be replaced.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
02-05-2018 08:55 AM
as @DavidSMP is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.
I read that the "Ink cartridge compatible" error appears for the new and the old cartridge too. The link (http://bit.ly/2wNab0X) shared by @DavidSMP provides steps that help to fix almost all ink cartridge related issues.However, you may attempt the steps to reset the printer.
I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset your HP printer.
Hope this helps. Let me know. Good luck!
12-03-2019 03:17 PM
I have a problem I got a printer and it was working great then one day I ran out of ink from the one that came with the printer and I change the ink and its not working and I tried everything then it says on the app cartridge failure