mlhmlh414 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer not printing color on 2nd computer

IOS 10 -10.3.3

I have two computers wifi connected to HP 6960. The PC using Windows prints fine. The MacBook pro prints fine BUT not in color -- black and white only. Thanks for suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9219 9199 630 606
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer not printing color on 2nd computer

@mlhmlh414

Are you using any specific App to print from your Mac?

If you are using App, I suggest you try printing via Preview and that will help us isolate if it's an App related issue

Also check the print settings

1. Open the document or photo you want to print, click File, click Print, and then click Show Details, if necessary.

2. Ensure the Black & White on the main dialog is unchecked. 

Select Black & White in the print dialog

If the issue persists, ensure that the printer and Mac has the latest updates

Printer Firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Mac update: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541

Next remove and re-add the printer using Airprint

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint or Secure AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print 

Let me know how it goes😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation