Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6968
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

Hi, i’ve bddn trying to print in color on my printer and it’s not working. i have tried on my phone and computer and i have selected color on both and nothing is working. black prints perfectly fine but the color just won’t print. i even ran a color test and the red and blues and green were different shades of black...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Customers,

If you have any issue like no color printing or print settings not avialble on driver,  please follow below steps to resolve the issue.

The main cause of the problem is that it uses "Generic PCL driver" which is not proper driver for the printer.

You can resolve the issue by installing the hp driver

1. Turn on the printer.
  2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.
  3. Click  HP_Easy_Start.app.zip to download the software.
  4. Open the Downloads folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to begin the installation.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer connection and install the software.
  6. If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.
    Select your printer name in the Use menu on the Add screen
  7. Return to the HP installer to complete the installation.
  8. Now you should be able to Print without any issues

You also can watch video for clear steps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OKomkIL9EA

Thanks

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

View solution in original post

In this video, you will see how to install an HP printer using a wireless connection in MacOS. We will use the HP Easy Start software to connect the printer to the network with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:15 Download HP Easy Start 00:30 Install software 01:19 Connect Printer 01:39 ...
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Dear Customers,

If you have any issue like no color printing or print settings not avialble on driver,  please follow below steps to resolve the issue.

The main cause of the problem is that it uses "Generic PCL driver" which is not proper driver for the printer.

You can resolve the issue by installing the hp driver

1. Turn on the printer.
  2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.
  3. Click  HP_Easy_Start.app.zip to download the software.
  4. Open the Downloads folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to begin the installation.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer connection and install the software.
  6. If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.
    Select your printer name in the Use menu on the Add screen
  7. Return to the HP installer to complete the installation.
  8. Now you should be able to Print without any issues

You also can watch video for clear steps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OKomkIL9EA

Thanks

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

In this video, you will see how to install an HP printer using a wireless connection in MacOS. We will use the HP Easy Start software to connect the printer to the network with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:15 Download HP Easy Start 00:30 Install software 01:19 Connect Printer 01:39 ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.