05-23-2019 07:51 PM
Hi, i’ve bddn trying to print in color on my printer and it’s not working. i have tried on my phone and computer and i have selected color on both and nothing is working. black prints perfectly fine but the color just won’t print. i even ran a color test and the red and blues and green were different shades of black...
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-23-2019 07:57 PM
If you have any issue like no color printing or print settings not avialble on driver, please follow below steps to resolve the issue.
The main cause of the problem is that it uses "Generic PCL driver" which is not proper driver for the printer.
You can resolve the issue by installing the hp driver
- Turn on the printer.
- If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.
- Click HP_Easy_Start.app.zip to download the software.
- Open the Downloads folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer connection and install the software.
- If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.
- Return to the HP installer to complete the installation.
- Now you should be able to Print without any issues
You also can watch video for clear steps
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)