12-29-2019 02:06 PM - edited 12-29-2019 03:17 PM
I installed my new printer the day after Christmas it printed great for 2 days, Got up today and tried to print and it just shot out two sheets then it printed a page black with skips. It does this every time. But when I print a Diagnostic page it prints perfect. Can anyone tell me why I cant print anything. Thanks in advance
01-01-2020 10:05 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:
Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.
1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2.) Select your HP Printer
3.) Select Uninstall
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'
6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")
8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10.) Select Ok
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo
14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
15.) Restart the computer.
Once done, please download and install the software from here:
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee