Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 5032
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Urgent help needed please.

I have been trying to print a couple of emails that I have received and the only output I can get is the senders form/letterhead that was used for the email, any data that was entered on the form/letterhead does not print.  Similarly this morning, I downloaded a couple of bank statements and once again all I could get was the banks form with no data output.  

The heading was there, i.e. Lloyds Bank along with all of the lines which separate the data but no entries such as payments/receipts/balances etc.

Any thoughts anyone please?

many thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @Bluenose1940

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

1. Could you open your mail in the browser and then try printing ?
  2. What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 
  3.  Does the copy print out the same way? 

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hello Jay_G24, thank you for your input re my problem.  I don't think that I can explain the problem any differently to what I said in my original post, but I'll try.

As regards to printing the bank statements, I was logged into my online banking account, went into statements and then downloaded the pdf for the month of June and then tried to print the statement.  All I got was the words Lloyds Bank and their Black Horse logo, along with the lines that separate the data.  However, I found that if I used the Windows Snipping Tool on the downloaded pdf file I could then actually get a print-out.

The emails that I was trying to print came from Sky and once again the only printed output I could get was the Sky Q logo and nothing else whatsoever.  I tried to print directly from opening the mail in Microsoft Outlook and I also opened it in the web browser with exactly the same results.  Once again, I managed to print using the Snipping Tool.

Thanks again for trying to help.

HP Recommended

Try the below steps -

Chrome Browser may need default printer selected :Open web page to be printed

Chrome Settings > Print > Under Destination > Change > Select your Printer as the Default

Make sure the Page Setup > Scale is not set to zero size - Select "fit" or other usable print size for the content

The settings for the job may be missing or need adjustment.

• Printer / Destination
  • Paper Size
  • Margins (check to be sure these are acceptable)

If the issue persists,

Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

--->In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

--->Select your HP printer.

--->Select Uninstall.

--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

--->Click on the Drivers tab.

--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

--->Select OK.

--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

--->Close Devices and Printers.

And then reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from software and drivers page 

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

Hello again, thank you for your very comprehensive reply.  I will go through your reply tomorrow and try to carry out your suggestions.

As a matter of interest, I use Microsoft Edge as my browser. I don't know if that has any affect at all.

I will report back tomorrow.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Alright, keep me posted.

Try other browser as well, while your on it.

HP Recommended

Well I have now completely cleared my system of HP products and have carried out a re-installation of the full-feature software, I have also amended the printer settings in Edge and Firefox and none of it has done any good.

I'm sure if some young clever IT person were to sit at my pc, they would probably solve the problem quite quickly but, for an 80 year old only slightly techie person, this is proving too much.

This is not a problem that is rearing its head every day and I know that I can get over it by using the Snipping Tool if needs be.

Just out of interest, I tried to print the email that I received from HP but got the same result.  I have tried to include an image of the output with this reply, hope it works and that you can see it.  Thanks again for all the help.

HP email.jpg

HP Recommended

Can you try and make a black copy on your printer?

What is the ink level on the cartridge?

HP Recommended

Interestingly I have just has a look at the ink levels and the Black is almost empty.  Normally I will have a message appear on screen to tell me this but this has not happened this time.  I have a new black cartridge and so will insert it this morning.

I have taken a couple of images with the snipping tool.  These show that on my desktop I have two icons in relation to my printer and I can't understand why that would be.  Also, when I double click on the one that appears to have the lid open, this gives me access to all that i want to do with the printer.  The other one give access to various tools etc but, I am wondering why there are two optionsHP Printer_1.jpgHP Printer_2.jpg (see image) one shows USB and the other shows Network.  Any ideas on this please?

HP Recommended

You have connected the printer with USB and via network, that's why 2 printer's are showing up.

You can disconnect the USB and use only the network printer.

Make sure the carriage door and tray is closed properly and perform a hard reset

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Keep me posted!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.