12-03-2019 09:54 PM
I am trying to print from my laptop, which I've done many times already, and when I look at the printer que it shows the document printing and then finishes and disappears with no errors but nothing comes up or does anything on the printer.
I've rebooted, updated the software & drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.
I was able to print a document from my phone so I know the printer is working.
Any ideas? This printer isn't even 2 years old.
12-06-2019 08:18 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
Let's try these steps -
Step#1 HP Print and Scan Doctor -
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
Step#2 Delete the job files and restart -
1. Turn off the printer using the power button.
2. Search Windows for run, and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.
3. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.
The Services menu opens.
4. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
5. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
6. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Turn on your printer.
9. Try printing again.
Step#3 Re-install the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Win 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee