06-24-2017 01:31 PM
The display on the printer says, "Paper detected does not match paper size or type selected. Make sure the paper size or type is correct to continue the job." I am using standard 8.5 X 11 inch paper. How do I fix this problem?
06-25-2017 02:18 PM
Good Day. Thank you for visiting the HP community. I understand that you need assistance with the printer showing paper mismatch errors. Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. :)
For better clarity and to provide accurate information I would require more details from you.
- Did this happen after a power outage or surge or firmware update?
For now please try these steps:
Please perform a hard reset on the printer from here http://hp.care/2sGl7No follow step 1 for a hard reset.
Then make 2 copies directly from the printer using the same paper for printing and check if it copies fine.
If it does then uninstall the printer software by following these steps:
- If it still does not work, please uninstall the printer by performing these steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Then reinstall the full feature printer software from this link by clicking on this link: http://hp.care/2syjMIg please ensure to select the correct operating system. This should do the trick for you.
- If it fails to copy update the printer’s firmware from the same link to download the printer software and check again.
- You can find the steps to update the printer firmware from this link: http://hp.care/2rHKwDD
- If it still fails to copy or print then the printer needs to be replaced as it is faulty by contacting HP phone support via this link: http://hp.care/2moMFSc Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions. If could be fee-based service if the printer is out of warranty.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :) Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. :)
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. :)
I am an HP Employee
06-26-2017 05:26 PM
Thank you for your detailed response on our printer problem. To answer your initial questions, the problem did not occur after a power outage, surge, or firmware update. I tried to fix the problem using HP Print and Scan Doctor and HP Diagnostics. One of them ran a series of tests and said it found some problems it could fix. I checked that I wanted the program to fix the problems and after a short time period, it said the problems had been fixed. This turned out not to be accurate. After two days of trying various approaches, which did not resolve the problem(s), we decided to purchase a new HP Printer so that we could get some work out. We are happy with the new multifunction printer and very much appreciate your detailed set of instructions. It is comforting to know there are people with your expertise out there who are willing to help. - Rick90
06-29-2017 06:55 AM
I was away on my weekend and could not respond immediately. I read the quick post. Thanks for displaying tremendous patience and excellent efforts to try and resolve the issue. You've done a commendable job so far and it is greatly appreciated. Kudos to you for that. :) Please try the steps and check if it resolves the issue.
You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. :) Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind.
I honestly hope the issue is resolved and the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. :)
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)
I am an HP Employee