Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2624

Every time I print, only the outline of the text gets printed. The text itself is white with just the outline. How do I resolve this? Do I need to factory reset? If so, how do I factory reset?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Printerman22 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the printer only printing text outlines.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please let us know which operating system you are using.

Please perform the hard reset and check.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on. 

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue. 

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. 

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 

5. Wait at least 60 seconds. 

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet. 

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer. 

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. 

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed 

Also, update the firmware.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I followed these steps but it did not fix the problem. I am using an iPad (OS software) and I updated the latest firmware for the printer. I also privately messaged you. Please help with providing a solution. 

HP Recommended

@Printerman22, I'd need additional information to assist you better:

• Which version of iOS are you using?
  • Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Images, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Place an original document on the scanner glass and try making a copy of it to check if that works fine. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Print a test report

Press and hold the Cancel button  for 3 seconds.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

• I am using iPadOS 13.5.1.
  • I am printing from the HP Smart App.
  • I have printed different types of documents and the issue still persists. I even printed from different devices and the issue remains.

I made a copy and again, only the text outlines show. I have reset the printer a few times and the issue remains. What else can I do? 

Regards.

HP Recommended

@Printerman22, thank you for the information. 

The issue seems with the printer hardware. Kindly perform steps 10, 13, and 8 respectively from this document.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, I followed the steps including cleaning the ink cartridges with a cotton swab but my printer is still printing the outline of text.

HP Recommended

@Printerman22

If you have tried the mentioned steps from the article - Fixing Poor Print Quality, and the issue persists, this is a hardware issue. As mentioned in my earlier post, kindly contact the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.