02-09-2020 12:02 PM
We purchased the HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 about a year ago. I haven't had any trouble printer until now. The printer only prints blank pages unless I clean the printer head at least 3 times and then it will print normally for that one time but the next time I try to print again it does the same thing, prints blank sheets. Ink levels are good. I have tried unplugging to reset but hasn't helped. What am I missing?
02-11-2020 04:38 PM
@Ang04 I recommend you try the copier as a stand-alone device without a computer and check if that works in color,:
- If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware issue,
- however, if the copier works and yet, the print out from the computer doesn't work in color, you can try the below steps:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: CLICK HERE
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,
And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first!
that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee