06-13-2019 01:04 PM
The Printer randomly becomes unresponsive. The menu screen is blank and the power button does nothing. Any print jobs sent to the printer fail. The only solution seems to be to unplug and replug the power cord causing the printer to power up.
06-15-2019 04:23 PM
Let's start with a printer reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Next update the firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/za-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-5740-e-all-in-one-printer-series/66172...
Keep me posted how it goes 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
06-28-2019 06:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but I have done the power reset and the firmware is up to date, but the problem persists. After a few hours of a day or two, the printer becomes unresponsive. The screen is blank and stays that way when touched. The power button is unresponsive. The only way to wake the printer is to unplug and replug it.
06-29-2019 11:26 AM
Try assigning a manual IP Address and let's check if that helps
1) Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address or print a network configuration page
2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
5) Click Manual IP
6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.
I Am An HP Employee