Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6255
Other

HP ENVY Photo 6255 printer is printing everything in a streak manner in that it prints normally but has lines where the ink randomly fades, proceeds as normal, fades again rinse and repeat. I’ve already tried to clean the cartridges, aligned the cartridges, and cleaned page smudges but none worked. I’ve also checked and the cartridge is half full still and was brand new when this problem began.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would start by changing the black cartridge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Take a look at step # 8 & 9 in this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello, but as I said in my post I’ve already tried to clean the cartridges, it did not work. I have printed Diagnostic page numerous times and tried the steps it, and this article say to try. They actually progressively seem to make the streaks bigger.

HP Recommended

I would start by changing the black cartridge.

HP Recommended

The cartridge is still half full. I refuse to replace it until it’s low, I literally just bought it last week and $40-$50 isn’t something I can just spend financially. Perhaps whenever I do get in a position I can justify it, I’ll try it, but if that does end up being the issue, I don’t think I’ll buy HP again considering that I am also have issues with my laptop of only 3-4 years when my last one lasted 7 years with no issues. My current printer is only 1 year old and my last one lasted 10 years with no issues.

HP Recommended

Remove the 1/2 full cartridge & try printing.

HP Recommended

What would this do? I don't have a colored ink cartridge because I do not use it so removing the black cartridge would do nothing but give me an error or run the paper through.

HP Recommended

You never mentioned that you are in single cartridge mode.

Since the black cartridge is new contact HP.

HP Recommended

Contacting HP they said that since it’s been so long since the purchase, they couldn’t do anything. I finally got enough saved up to justify buying a new carriage and it worked. Stupid that this happened in the first place, but happy it’s resolved, thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.