Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
lenovo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy 4524 WIFI printer is showing connected correctly, installed correctly, main default printer etc.  Will print from Apple mobile, will scan etc but will not print from PC .  Have uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail.  Tried checking spoolers etc nothing works just an error coming up on computer screen and have to delete documents.  Have run troubleshooter etc and everything showing as ok BUT will still not print from PC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well got totally fed up as uninstalled it all again but it wouldn't let me uninstall the Driver.  SO I went down the old fashioned way and got out the portable DVD-RW thing and set up via the DISC and its working . !!!!¬! Don't know how long for but tested a couple of times . fingers crossed  Thank You for all your help

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

What is the error that you are seeing?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

A sign appears at the side of my screen (doesn't stay there) just says Error HPF72414 (which I think refers to my printer), it doesn't stay on the screen . I then have to go onto the printer icon on the PC and cancel the document

HP Recommended

If you connect the printer using the USB port are you able to print from the computer?

Is the warranty still in effect?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

No USB doesn't work and its out of warranty.  New computer not printer

HP Recommended

Have you tried running the HP print and scan doctor program?

HP Recommended

Yep have run the HP print and scan doctor and it says all is OK

HP Recommended

Any errors in the Device Manager?

HP Recommended

Not since I re installed it.  

HP Recommended

Can you ping the printer from your computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.