Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I agree to modify the port forwarding in a firewall. In my case this printer is not behind a firewall .

But in my case even after changing all the settings and removing the setting for 9100.

Which assuarance do I have that this will not happen again?

On enterprise level I'll understand the security settings to be changed but what on simple user level how has not all those knowledge?

HP Recommended

I changed the setting in printer that only my email address can print to it rather than anyone and nothing has printed by itself today yet. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I live in Tokyo and got a printout from our printer saying "stackoverflow has returned to his glory," blah blah blah.

I've read all the comments posted regarding this issue.  So it's a security problem with our router, right? Our printer in the house had been trying to print out something for the past few days when all of our computers were shut down.  We didn't have the power of the printer on as well.  So basically what the hacker did was send a command to our printer and the printer goes on and it prints out the content?  Once we change the security setting with our router, will we be able to not get such message again?  All this thing with the printer turnining on when we are not online and getting this printout has freaked me out.  

HP Recommended

Could you tell us how exactly  you change that setting?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Worth turning of HP ePrint too
HP Recommended

Doesn't work. PW are set for all features in the embedded web server. No access to disabling ports in the router provided by AT+T.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.